Monday, August 6, 2018

A Heartfelt Apology and New Era for the Site

First, I would like to kick this off by saying, it has been over two years since the site went down in Summer 2016. This happened primarily because I lost interest in development, and potential legal issues arose when I began using data from other similar sites such as Brickset.com. I contacted the owner, Huw Millington, regarding these issues, and he gave me the go-ahead to use the data, provided I did not earn profit from it. However, despite having the ability to continue development, my interest had already begun to fade, as I began devoting more time to my YouTube channel and Minecraft. For all of this, I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused by letting the plan expire.

However, recently I attended BrickFair VA 2018 as an Exhibitor, and that re-sparked my interest in the LEGO fan community, and my motivation for the site. Therefore, today I am proud to announce a fresh start for UltimateBrickReference.com, including resetting the version number.

UltimateBrickReference.com 2.0

Due to this being a completely fresh start for the site, I have retroactively condensed all previous designs' numbers into version 1.x. Version 2.0, however, will feature much more functionality than ever before. Here is a taste of what is to come in these versions:


  • Responsive Design
  • Complete Rewrite
  • New Database with a new Structure
  • Usage of .NET Core and other Cutting-Edge web Technologies.
  • Custom Content Management System for Database and Site Management
  • Many, Many more end user features...
A lot of this functionality is drawn from my original Plan for v5/v4 of the site that I drafted in 2016.

In addition, I will also keep everyone updated by posting Tweets, YouTube videos, and maybe even Livestreams of Development.

ETA: Mid-Late 2019

Thank you for your time,

Jarod Reichel, founder of UltimateBrickReference.com

No comments:

Post a Comment